Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Restoring your smile with dental implants can do more than just fill in the gaps left behind by missing teeth. In fact, implants can help improve your mouth’s chewing functionality, speech capability, and even boost your confidence, all helping you feel better about your face-to-face interactions and overall self-esteem. Learn more about dental implants and how they can benefit your life by reading below, and contact Dr. Bill Anderson and Dr. Austin Hoffner at Anderson and Hoffner Dental Center in Findlay, OH, if you are interested in undergoing treatment.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant has three main components:
- Implant Fixture: The implant’s fixture is implanted directly into the bone underneath your missing tooth. The bone grows around the fixture during the healing process and holds it securely in place. The fixture then takes the place of the missing tooth’s root and provides adequate stimulation for the bone in which it sits.
- Abutment: An implant abutment connects the fixture to the new tooth, holding the three components together.
- Prosthetic: The prosthetic tooth is usually made of porcelain and fits onto the fixture and abutment to replace the missing tooth itself. This prosthetic can be made up of a single tooth, a row of teeth, or even a whole arch of teeth.
What can I expect during the dental implant process?
The implant process takes place in three phases: the initial consultation phase, the surgical/healing phase, and the final phase in which your dentist places your prosthetics onto the implants. The healing phase takes several months, as the implant sites must fully heal before placing the prosthetic to ensure that they provide a sturdy foundation for the replacement teeth.
Dental Implants in Findlay, OH
Dental implants are a potentially life-changing dental procedure which can benefit almost anyone with missing teeth. However, a good candidate for this procedure should be in good oral and general health with no teeth decay or gum disease. Additionally, patients should have an adequate amount of jawbone and minimal bone atrophy at their implant sites. If you do suffer from one of the above conditions, however, don't worry—treatment options are available, which will allow implants to become feasible.
For more information on dental implants, please contact Anderson and Hoffner Dental Center in Findlay, OH, at (419) 424-5850. Schedule an appointment with your dentist today!
In recent years, cosmetic dentistry has come far, implementing tooth-colored restorations and teeth whitening procedures to make your smile look great and function well. If you have considered cosmetic dentistry, it may seem difficult to pinpoint the best cosmetic treatment for you. Find out about some common cosmetic dentistry procedures and how you can determine which one is best for you with Dr. Bill Anderson and Dr. Austin Hoffner at Anderson & Hoffner Dental Center in Findlay, OH.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a surefire way to brighten and whiten your smile. This quick procedure usually takes about an hour, allowing you to add a boost to your look without requiring too much of your time. The process can subtly tweak your smile or lift the color of your teeth up to ten shades, depending on your preference.
- Veneers: Dental veneers cover the surface of your tooth to mask its imperfections. This permanent dental restoration can restore the look of cracked, chipped, yellowed, or severely stained teeth. Veneers can also change the shape of a tooth, evening out the smile.
- Bridges: Dental bridges replace a missing tooth above the gumline. This procedure is ideal for patients who do not have enough remaining bone volume to support dental implants.
- Crowns: A dental crown fits over the top of a tooth to cover it above the gumline, protecting it from future damage and stabilizing the tooth after damage, injury, decay, or a large filling.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a missing tooth both above and below the gumline. Dentists surgically place the implant’s fixture, a small, screw-like titanium post, into the jawbone. The bone grows around the fixture to make it a permanent part of the smile and a sturdy foundation on which a replacement tooth can sit.
Often, cosmetic dentistry procedures can work together to overhaul your smile. The best way to determine the best treatments for you is to sit down with your dentist during a consultation visit. For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Bill Anderson and Dr. Austin Hoffner at Anderson & Hoffner Dental Center in Findlay, OH. Call (419) 424-5850 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Anderson today!