Tooth Colored Fillings Restore Damaged Teeth
Most people have had at least one cavity by age 17, according to a 2000 report by the U.S. Surgeon General. Fortunately, dental fillings can help resolve damage done by cavities. Drs. Bill Anderson and Austin Hoffner, your Findlay, OH, dentists, provide tooth-colored fillings to restore teeth.
More on Fillings
Fillings seal holes caused by cavities. A cavity results from bacterial plaque that produce acid and creates holes (cavities) in teeth. If not detected early on, serious issues may occur. Your Findlay doctor clean and disinfect the cavity. Then they seal it with the filling to protect the integrity of the tooth.
Tooth-colored fillings are usually preferred by individuals who don't want visible fillings. They are also known as composite resin and made of plastic resin and a filler, finely ground glass-like particles. They fix issues, such as:
- Chips and cracks
- Discolored and stained teeth
Advantages of Tooth-colored Composite
After your doctor has finished the procedure, your teeth will look natural. Here are some other advantages:
- Fillings won't give your teeth a gray tint over time and are safer
- Teeth look natural, so you don't feel self-conscious while smiling
- Composite strengthens your teeth, so you can enjoy meals without worrying about applying too much pressure on your teeth and breaking them.
Maintaining your New Bonding
Dental fillings require the same care as all your teeth:
- Brush your teeth twice a day, after breakfast and before bed
- Floss at least once before bed
- Maintain a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Drink water to help wash away debris
Need a Consultation?
If you have any questions about tooth-colored fillings, don't hesitate to call Drs. Bill Anderson and Austin Hoffner, your Findlay, OH, dentists. You can reach them at (419) 424-5850.