Posts for: November, 2017
In recent years, cosmetic dentistry has come far, implementing tooth-colored restorations and teeth whitening procedures to make your smile look great and function well. If you have considered cosmetic dentistry, it may seem difficult to pinpoint the best cosmetic treatment for you. Find out about some common cosmetic dentistry procedures and how you can determine which one is best for you with Dr. Bill Anderson and Dr. Austin Hoffner at Anderson & Hoffner Dental Center in Findlay, OH.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a surefire way to brighten and whiten your smile. This quick procedure usually takes about an hour, allowing you to add a boost to your look without requiring too much of your time. The process can subtly tweak your smile or lift the color of your teeth up to ten shades, depending on your preference.
- Veneers: Dental veneers cover the surface of your tooth to mask its imperfections. This permanent dental restoration can restore the look of cracked, chipped, yellowed, or severely stained teeth. Veneers can also change the shape of a tooth, evening out the smile.
- Bridges: Dental bridges replace a missing tooth above the gumline. This procedure is ideal for patients who do not have enough remaining bone volume to support dental implants.
- Crowns: A dental crown fits over the top of a tooth to cover it above the gumline, protecting it from future damage and stabilizing the tooth after damage, injury, decay, or a large filling.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a missing tooth both above and below the gumline. Dentists surgically place the implant’s fixture, a small, screw-like titanium post, into the jawbone. The bone grows around the fixture to make it a permanent part of the smile and a sturdy foundation on which a replacement tooth can sit.
Often, cosmetic dentistry procedures can work together to overhaul your smile. The best way to determine the best treatments for you is to sit down with your dentist during a consultation visit. For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Bill Anderson and Dr. Austin Hoffner at Anderson & Hoffner Dental Center in Findlay, OH. Call (419) 424-5850 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Anderson today!